More than $20 Million in Unclaimed Property Reported This Year
It’s Holder Reporting Season for the Office of the State Treasurer. We have received $20,642,148 in unclaimed property in 2011. But we are still inputting more reports sent to us by businesses. There’s 13 more boxes in the vault and my staff is working quickly to get the information into our database.
This information will be available in 2012 and will appear in newspapers starting in April. These are the lists of names you see every year in your local paper!
We created a video recently to help “Holders” report properly with our office. You can watch it via our YouTube Channel if interested. Most Holders have said it helped. It can be confusing to report properly and when there’s a deadline involved, it can get even more hectic.
- That Really is Wisconsin’s State Treasurer Calling! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- More than $15,000 Returned in Burlington Wisconsin (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Show Me The Money! Returning $10,000 to a church in Neenah! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- October a Record Month at the State Treasury (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- State Treasury on Pace to Shatter Unclaimed Property Record (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)