State Treasurer Continues Making National Headlines
This morning, I was on Good Morning America putting a $10,000 check into the collection plate at a Neenah Church and now, my efforts to return forgotten cash have made headlines in a national financial magazine, The Fiscal Times.
Daily, I am searching for people in Wisconsin who have no idea the State Treasury is holding their money. I spend hours on the phone trying to find them or their heirs and get them claim forms or I am searching for them using social media. That’s what The Fiscal Times hit on in a piece posted this morning.
These are all great reminders to search for money on our website…and to s arch for your friends, your family, and your church or your favorite businesses! With nearly $400 Million and 1.8 million properties, there could be something out there for you.
- Show Me The Money! Returning $10,000 to a church in Neenah! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Treasurer’s Top 5 – Kenosha County (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Facebook, Twitter finds Northern Wisconsin Woman with $225,000 of Unclaimed Property (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- More Than $200,000 Claimed at the Wisconsin State Fair (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- State Treasury on Pace to Shatter Unclaimed Property Record (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)