October a Record Month at the State Treasury
We had another huge month at the Wisconsin State Treasury and returned $3,740,415 million in unclaimed property in October 2011.
We had one day of returns that topped $1 million and another day where claims examiners returned more than $973,000 to owners. Our goal is get these assets back to the rightful owners as quickly as possible.
The $3.7 million dollar month is the second highest month of returns in the history of the office. In November 2010, the office returned $5,185,680. Last year, the Office returned a record $32.8 million and is working to beat that total in 2011.
We have also started a weekly online event called “The Treasurer’s Top 5”. I am listing the names of 5 people or businesses in each of Wisconsin’s 72 counties who have the highest amount of unclaimed property. You can see these names right here on this blog! Tomorrow, we will have the Top 5 for Jefferson County.
You can search for unclaimed property 24/7/365 at our website, http://www.statetreasury.wisconsin.gov/.
- State Treasurer Continues Making National Headlines (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Facebook, Twitter finds Northern Wisconsin Woman with $225,000 of Unclaimed Property (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Treasurer’s Top 5 – Kenosha County (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- State Treasury on Pace to Shatter Unclaimed Property Record (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Show Me The Money! Returning $10,000 to a church in Neenah! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Hopefully, Victor is Going To Get a Puppy (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Unclaimed Property and your public school libraries (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)