That Really is Wisconsin’s State Treasurer Calling!
NBC 15 in Madison profiled my office last night on their 6PM newscast and our efforts trying to return $380 million to Wisconsin residents and businesses – current and former.
I spend a few hours everyday while in the office calling people who have lost money sitting in our database. I leave a lot of messages and a lot of people probably think it’s a prank call. I also get a lot of people who say, “Really? The State Treasurer calling to GIVE me back money? No way!”
But, it’s true. The Unclaimed Property Unit’s main goal is to give back as much unclaimed property as it can to the rightful owners. I decided to jump right in and start being proactive by calling some of the more than 1 million names in our database.
So, when you get a message from “State Treasurer Kurt Schuller”, give me a call back…if not me, call the office and talk to one of our wonderful claims examiners who will work hard to get you back your money if your name is on the list!
Check online at http://www.statetreasury.wisconsin.gov or call us at 877-699-9211!
- NBC 15 in Madison to Profile Wisconsin State Treasurer’s Office (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- More Than $200,000 Claimed at the Wisconsin State Fair (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- State Treasury on Pace to Shatter Unclaimed Property Record (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Facebook, Twitter finds Northern Wisconsin Woman with $225,000 of Unclaimed Property (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- October a Record Month at the State Treasury (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)