FAQ: How do I open an EdVest account online?
Follow these 5 steps to open an EdVest account online:
1) Fund your account immediately with a transfer from your bank account, by establishing an Automatic Investment Plan, or by sending us a check.
2) Use the online application to establish the following accounts:
- Individual Account
- Trust Account (must be funded by check)
- Custodial (UGMA/UTMA)
3) Before you get started, have the following information available:
- Your Social Security number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification number (TIN)
- The address and SSN/TIN of your Successor Account Owner (if you choose to name one)
- The address, SSN, date of birth, and anticipated year of college enrollment of your Beneficiary
- A blank check for your reference (if funding online)
- Your e-mail address
4) Important Information:
- All account owners and beneficiaries must be U.S.citizens or resident aliens with a U.S.mailing address and residential address (if different than mailing address), or a military address if in the armed forces. Federal law requires that EdVest obtains your name, street address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number prior to opening the account.
- EdVest cannot accept third-party, credit card, or starter checks.
- You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view certain forms.
5) If you have any additional inquiries specialists are available at 1-888-338-3789.