Brand New Year…Same Old Story
My staff is starting off 2012 how it ended 2011: returning hundreds of thousands of dollars in record amounts of time.
In just 2 days, we have returned $358,192 and processed 355 claims.
Just because we broke the 2010 record by nearly $1 million in 2011 doesn’t mean our job is complete. We will continue returning money faster in 2012 but we will also be adding some new initiatives when it comes to unclaimed property.
In 2011, claims examiners returned a record $33,641,807 in missing money and assets to more than 26,000 people and businesses. The 2010 record was $32,836,258. In 2011, the Office of State Treasurer had 5 months where claims examiners returned more than $3 million each month. There were also three days where they returned $1 million each day!
You can search the unclaimed property database 24/7/365 by logging onto www.wismissingmoney.com or you can call 877-699-9211 Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm and a claims examiner will be happy to help you.
- Sales of Unclaimed Property on eBay Double in 2011 (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Record Broken With 2 Weeks Left in 2011, $33 Million Returned (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- 4500 Wisconsin Veterans have Unclaimed Property. Do you? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Treasurer’s Top 5: Fond du Lac County (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Treasurer’s Top 5: Lafayette County (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Treasurer’s Top 5: Adams County (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- More than $20 Million in Unclaimed Property Reported This Year (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)