The happenings "inside" the Wisconsin State Treasury and across the street at the State Capitol

FAQ: How do I request a claim form?

One question that we get asked on a regular basis is, “How do I request a claim form?” Let’s make it really easy right now: Click here – start the search!

Once there follow these steps:

1) Enter your name or business name, and search for your inquiry.

2) After you have found the person or business that you’re looking for click “Add to My Claim” next to your selection. Then choose from the “Claimant is” drop down, last fill out the claim form online.

If the money is yours and it is less than $2,000, you may be eligible for a fast track and your can type in your social security number. If it matches, you will get a confirmation code and your check within 10 business days. If it doesn’t or youa re claiming for someone else, you can print the form at home and follow the instructions from there.

If you are claiming for someone else, please visit our supplemental forms page for the documents you will need if you are an heir.

You can also request a claim form from the Unclaimed Property Office daily from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Our Madison phone number is (608) 267-7977 and our toll free number is (855) 375-CASH.

2 responses

  1. Pingback: FAQ: Who can open an EdVest account? « wistatetreasury

  2. Pingback: FAQ: Why does each heir have to individually claim their share and can several heirs use one claim form that’s been photocopied? « Wisconsin State Treasury

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s