On the Road with $415 Million!
I will be hitting the road for an unclaimed property tour as newspapers across the state begin printing the new names of Wisconsin residents who are missing money. Visit me in Mauston and La Crosse on April 11th.
The Unclaimed Property Tour has been very successful in helping people discover money they did not even realize was lost. The State Treasury holds more than $415 Million in unclaimed assets; these are lost checks, insurance overpayments and demutualizations, utility deposits, and abandoned safe deposit boxes. The Tour brings the unclaimed property database to towns for people who do not have computer access to search for themselves or their relatives or friends. State Treasury employees and I will help anyone who finds their names or a relative on the list fill out a claim form and get their money back quickly.
You can search for missing money 24/7 online at www.wismissingmoney.com.
Events for Treasurer Schuller Wednesday April 11, 2012
9:00am-11:00am Hatch Public Library
111 W. State St
1:00pm-4:00pm La Crosse Public Library
800 Main Street
La Crosse, WI
- Nearly $40 Million Turned Over to State Treasury (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ: What is “Unclaimed Property” (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- State Treasury Returning $1 Million per Week (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Sales of Unclaimed Property on eBay Double in 2011 (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Things Found in Safe Deposit Boxes (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)