The happenings "inside" the Wisconsin State Treasury and across the street at the State Capitol

FAQ: How Do I Open An Account with Edvest?

Use our online application to establish an individual or custodial (UGMA/UTMA) account. Both you and your beneficiary must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien with a U.S. taxpayer identification number and U.S. mailing address to establish the account. Federal law requires that we obtain your name, street address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number prior to opening the account. Also, please note that EdVest does not accept credit card checks and does not accept third-party checks when opening a new account.

Before you get started, make sure you have the following information available:

•  Your Social Security number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification number (TIN)
•  The address and SSN/TIN of your Successor Account Owner (if you choose to name one)
•  The address, SSN, date of birth, and anticipated year of college enrollment of your Beneficiary
•  A blank check for your reference (if funding online).

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s