FAQ: What if an EdVest beneficiary receives a scholarship?
In the event that a scholarship or grant is awarded to the designated beneficiary, including nontaxable grants, then funds from the EdVest account (up to the amount of the scholarship) can be returned to the account owner penalty free.
Note: Please keep a proof of receipt of the scholarship for the account owners tax records.
- FAQ: Does EdVest have a rewards program? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Family Savings a Key to Reaching College; How EdVest can Help! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ: How do I open an EdVest account online? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- College Scholarships and Awards: Searching for Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants (education.com)
- College Scholarships and Awards: Looking at Tax Issues (education.com)