FAQ: What do the terms “Person”, “Indemnification” and “Date of Last Activity” mean?
A “Person” is any individual, business association, government or public subdivision, public corporation or authority, estate, trust, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commerical entity.
“Indemnification” refers to the agreement that protects the Holder from loss by transferring the legal responsibilities for the unclaimed property to a third party, such as the state.
The “Date of Last Activity” is the date of the owner’s last activity related to the property or the owner’s contact with the Holder.
- FAQ: What is “Unclaimed Property” (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ: What does the State do to find unclaimed property owners? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ: How much unclaimed property is there, and why is the state involved? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ: I sent my claim form in quite a while ago. Why haven’t I received anything yet? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ: What happens to unclaimed property if the owner can’t be located? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Nearly $40 Million Turned Over to State Treasury (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)