Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Save on Gas This Summer!
The Wisconsin Office of the State Treasurer proudly teams up with WWBIC (Wisconsin’s Women Business Initiative Corporation) for “Wisconsin Saves.” Each week, we will share with you a savings tip courtesy of WWBIC.
- Keep your car engine tuned and its tires inflated to their proper pressure. Doing both can save you up to $100 a year in gas.
- Shop around for gas. Comparing prices at different stations and using the lowest-octane (recommended by the car owner’s manual) can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- When driving, avoid fast start-ups and stops. Over time, you will save hundreds of dollars on lower gas and maintenance costs.
- Take fewer cab rides. Using public transit instead of cabs can save you $5-10 per trip or more. If you’re a frequent cab user, the savings could complete ly fund your emergency savings account.
- Check all airlines for cheap fares. Since no website lists all discount carriers, also check out the websites of discount carriers like Southwest and Jet Blue, possibly saving you hundreds of dollars.
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Pump Up Summer Saving – Check Your Tire Pressure (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Become a Wisconsin Saver! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Reducing Frequency vs. Expense (They go Hand in Hand!) (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: College Costs Alot But Fun Doesn’t Have To (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- FAQ Edvest: What Are the State and Federal Tax Advantages? (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)