Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Save For a Car (Whether to Buy)
The Wisconsin Office of the State Treasurer proudly teams up with WWBIC (Wisconsin’s Women Business Initiative Corporation) for “Wisconsin Saves.” Each week, we will share with you a savings tip courtesy of WWBIC.
Mass Transit/Rental Alternatives:
Before buying a car, especially a second vehicle, consider whether alternative transport makes sense. Particularly in cities, these alternatives could include mass transit, cabs, and rental cars, or a combination of the three. Most important, estimate the cost of a car and the cost of any alternative. Then ask yourself the question, is the convenience of car ownership worth the price?
If you decide you want to always have a car available, consider leasing as an alternative to ownership. One reason that so many cars are leased is that monthly lease payments are often lower than monthly car payments. But remember that, at the end of the lease period, you won’t own the car. And buying it at the end of a lease may cost you more in total than purchasing it at the outset.
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: The Deal on DEBIT CARDS (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Wait 24 BEFORE You Spend (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Emergency Savings Account (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Tip: Tighter Grip on Loose Change! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Saves Fun Tip: Save on Gas This Summer! (wistatetreasury.wordpress.com)